So the one question people tend to ask me at New Year’s time is:
What are my New Year’s Resolutions?
This always strikes me as amusing, since New Year’s resolutions are a strictly people-oriented thing. In general, we dogs live life to the fullest, every minute of every day, and we pretty much live the way we want to live. No holding back, no regrets. So we don’t have a bunch of unresolved issues to deal with come January first.
That being said, I understand that peoples can only think in people terms. Not that they are narrow-minded or anything. They are just wired differently.
Now, the other thing I hear a lot is, since “dog years” are like seven “human years” (a completely flawed mathematical principle, but that’ll be another post) – they think I should have SEVEN resolutions. Every year. Really! As if the very same peoples who say that can even make one resolution and keep it. Peoples are not nearly as determined as dogs are in this type of thing. Trust me: if I say I’m going to do something, I darn well do it!
But I digress.
I am pleased to announce that, in the spirit of fun and to satisfy everyone’s curiosity, I did indeed come up with SEVEN New Year’s resolutions for 2013. And here they are:
- I will make at least one new friend every day.
- I will teach my little sister to sit EVERY TIME someone asks her to.
- I will learn to open doorknobs.
- I will convince every person I meet that they DO like to be licked on the face.
- I will learn to para-sail. (Just checking to see if you were paying attention).
- I will (finally!) train my person NEVER to leave the house without me.
- I will declare my love for my person, and all my friends, openly and completely every day and encourage them to do the same. In doing so, I will make the world a better place.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!